Sunday, August 9, 2009

20 reasons why the Hero owns the iPhone 3GS (ok well maybe 10)

OK iPhone people (me included) I love Apple and all thing Apple but I really think Google is a great company. I use gmail, Google Talk, Google Voice, Google Reader, and I sync my me.com contacts with my Google contacts. There are plenty of cool phones out there but I'm always turned off by them either being a dumb phone (Verizon OS anyone?) or a Windows Mobile phone. I've played with enough WinMo phones to know that the OS is just clunky and ugly and muddled. Then when I hold a Blackberry it just feels kinda cheap and again the OS is really nothing to write home about. Am I being a snob? Maybe but the point of this is that Google's Android OS while still not perfect is attractive, smooth and intuitive. The G1 phones however seemed to cry out "I'm just a glorified prototype!" "Wait for the next good phone!" Well I believe I'm seeing the next good Android phone here in the HTC Hero. Below is an article from gdgt.com and the contributors make some very good points. Am I considering (gasp!) switching to an Android phone next time my contract is up? Wait for it.... Yes.

-superbalanced


HTC via gdgt

I can see there is a big community behind the Hero, supporting it here, at gdgt, so I'm wondering if you could help me build up a list. I have an iPhone 3GS and I really want to switch to the Hero. So I started to build this list: 20 reasons why the Hero owns the iPhone 3GS.

1. Better camera. 2. Flash browsing. 3. ‘People’ application. 4. You can store PDF files. iPhone can't. 5. Better reviews than the 3GS:

The Boy Genuis Report: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/07/24/htc-hero-review/ "Would I take it over the Palm Pre? One hundred percent yes. [...] Though what I’ve found, sadly, is I get more enjoyment out of using my HTC Magic or the T-Mobile myTouch 3G than I do with the Hero. Like I said, HTC’s achievements and innovations aren’t anything to dismiss, they are what to me makes Android usable, but with the current hardware powering the HTC Hero, things become murky and frustrating."

SlashGear http://www.slashgear.com/htc-hero-review-2149880/ " It’s reassuring to know that not only is the Hero a great smartphone but that it’s only likely to get better as HTC continue their tweaks. It’s safe to say that, in the HTC Hero, Android has come of age."

Phandroid http://phandroid.com/2009/07/23/htc-hero-review/ "Is the HTC Hero the best phone in the world? In my opinion Android is the greatest platform in the world and the HTC Hero is the best touchscreen only Android phone in the world… so connect the dots if you can."

6. There is a majority of free applications in the Android Market; as useful as the AppStore's paying apps. 7. Android is a free OS. Free from everything. Hero is free (you wish). 8. Multitasking. 9. Better design. I'm sorry, but the chin is awesome and the teflon back, too. 10. Sense UI; Full customization, socialized UI.

Heroes, help me finish. Thanks. :)

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from superbalanced