Sunday, July 5, 2009

sweet paul: Recipe Monday - Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches

A great entry from Paul Lowe's blog sweet paul.

Just taken my dog out for a long walk in a sweltering hot New York,
And during that walk the only thing I could think about was strawberry ice cream.
So after the dog was walked, I went to the store and got all the ingredients.
And now my friends I can hear the ice cream maker's comforting sounds while its churning its cold and creamy contents.
When its done I will serve it between two thin and crispy waffles.
Heat and humidity........Im ready to take you on!
Enjoy!

Strawberry ice cream sandwiches

Makes 12

8 egg yolks

1 1.3 cups sugar

2 cups milk

2 cups pitted strawberries, diced

2 cups cream

waffle cookies for serving

Place eggs and sugar in a saucepan.

Mix well.

Add milk and heat up.

Don’t let it boil.

Stir the mixture until it thickens.

This takes about 10 minutes.

Cool.

Add strawberries and cream.

Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze.
Serve between two waffle cookies.
Photo by Alexandra Grablewski

Posted via web from superbalanced's posterous